Step 1: Marketing Strategy Call
- 30-minute Discovery Call. I’ll ask you a bunch of questions about your business, the product, the market you want to serve, and your goals. I’ll also answer any other burning questions you might have about the process of working together.
- Strategic Marketing Analysis. If there’s a potential fit to work together, I’ll do a deep-dive on everything you’ve got from a marketing perspective. I’ll also do my own research regarding your industry and where your product fits in the market.
I’ll also ask for…
- Access to Google Analytics
- Access to subscription metrics
- Access to any session recording or heatmapping tools
- Access to investor pitch decks (if applicable)
- Any existing demos or product interviews with your customers
- Relevant content — i.e. guides, ebooks, etc.
- Case studies
What you get: An analysis chock-full of insights about your product and the confidence that I’m the right person for the job.
Step 2: Planning
After the initial marketing analysis, I’ll start planning out what an engagement could look like and the plan for the project.
My engagements are typically 2 – 3 months long to start and do require a 30% deposit of the first month to begin. After the initial engagement, we can roll into a regular retainer or I can even help you hire my replacement. 😉
- Agreement and project plan. I’ll scope out an agreement according to the initial marketing analysis and any other details I’ll need before sending it over. We’ll agree on a project start date, schedule our first onboarding call, and get rolling!
What you get: A project start date and an estimate based on your exact needs.
“We hired Asia and DemandMaven to help us with all things marketing. It was immediately apparent that she was smart, confident, and motivated. She was able to understand our business, implement strategy, and make an immediate impact. She will tell you what you need to hear, adapt when the target moves, and crack a joke with a smile. All without breaking a sweat! That’s why we’re still working with her today. She’s an absolute pleasure to work with and a huge asset to our team.”Brian Faust
Step 3: Customer Interviews and Research
Okay awesome. If you’re here, that means you’ve signed the contract, paid the deposit, and are ready to begin!
We always start with customer research and interviews. It’s non-negotiable. These aren’t your average “Do you think this would be valuable?” product interviews. Those kinds of interviews are weaksauce (and terrible for making marketing decisions).
I’m talking about the powerhouse interviews that get to the knitty-gritty of exactly how your customer views your product, what they get out of it, and what they’re going to need to stay.
- Interviews and Research. We’ll focus on one specific audience — typically the best-fit, best-paying customers (or the ones you need help attracting more of). We’ll work together to secure interviews and launch these surveys, but I promise you — it’s a step you’ll never skip ever again after doing it with me.
- Customer Journey Mapping. All of these insights funnel into a customer journey map — a key deliverable we’re going to need to make the best possible decisions about how to acquire more of these best-fit customers, the psychological and physical journey it took them to find your product, and the funnel we’re going to need to implement.
What you get: That “oh sh*t” feeling, and an insanely detailed overview of how your customers find you, engage with your product, and the high-value in-app behaviors they take.
If it isn’t obvious, this step is crucial.
Step 4: Marketing & Growth Strategy
You’ll need a data-driven approach to your marketing strategy, and you’ll need to know what you can implement today and what you need to be building towards for tomorrow.
As we progress through the interviews, research, and journey mapping exercises, the real magic begins.
- Your Marketing Strategy™️ for the Year. From the interviews and original analysis, we’ll be able to craft a rock-solid, data-driven marketing strategy and a concrete plan for execution against that strategy. It’s usually about 30-pages long and explains in explicit detail the core strategic pillars you’ll need to implement.
- Your Marketing Plan™️ for Your Team. This strategy would be remiss without the exact execution elements you’re going to need to succeed and when to implement those key strategic pillars. I’ll map out your quick-wins and your long-term wins along the next few quarters.
What you get: The most clear, in-depth marketing plan you’ve ever seen that virtually anyone could execute. Plus, it’s driven by actual data — not hunches.
(I’m just kidding — this isn’t actually trademarked.)
“Working with DemandMaven was the biggest sense of relief. I finally had a better picture of what it was going to take to really get momentum in a specific direction. I got the clarity and confidence that I and my business needed.”Luke Beard
Step 5: Implementation
This is the step where every founder always gets really excited. The horizon becomes clear, and they can see where they need to point the ship.
- Execution on the Plan™️. Yes, my friend, we’ll start executing on the plan. It completely depends on what the research reveals, but typically this involves:
- Website strategy and landing pages
- Demand generation programs — the absolute must-have campaigns to drive results
- Content marketing — articles, webinars, videos, etc.
- Sales enablement (for those with a sales team)
- Exploration of other forms of marketing like partnerships, business development, community, and more.
- Implement Marketing Infrastructure. This is all of the operations and data integration needs that your marketing function is going to need to be successful. We’ll work together on a plan for getting this setup, then actually do it.
- Ongoing Optimization and Exploration. Marketing doesn’t sit still. It’s constantly enterprising.
What you get: A massive sigh of relief that someone is taking this off your shoulders, and the beginnings of a strong asf marketing engine that brings results.
By the time we get here, there’s really no limit to what we’ll be able to accomplish. ✨