I say it to founders all the time: We can guess about your go-to-market strategy, or we can know.
Get a full strategic framework and growth plan for your product.
Not confident in your current go-to-market strategy? Do you wish you had a plan on how to implement a true marketing function that gets results and puts your product on a rocket ship? Are your hands kind of tied with all other aspects of the business and you just don’t have time to focus on marketing?
Are you experiencing any of these marketing or growth-related challenges in your SaaS company?
- You’re feeling bombarded by marketing channels and ideas and you’re unsure of where to start
- Not confident in your current go-to-market strategy and need help defining it
- You can’t really afford to hire full-time marketing help
- You know you need to be doing some kind of marketing, but you don’t have the time to do it yourself
- You need more traffic to your site
- You need to fill your funnel with people who will actually buy your product
- You’re having trouble getting in front of your target audience
- You need a sounding board for some of the marketing ideas you have
If this sounds like you, just know that you’re definitely not alone.
There are dozens of founders and marketing leaders of early-stage SaaS companies who are feeling the exact same way that you do.
And with all of the marketing ideas, stories, hacks, and channels out there, it’s pretty common to feel overwhelmed and downright stuck.
You might have even tried a few channels here and there without any new signups or purchases.
But the market waits for one, which means you need to be unblocked and instilled with clarity and direction – before the runway runs out.
You need a marketing plan – today.
I’ve been both in-house marketer for SaaS companies and I’ve consulted enterprise organizations on their digital marketing strategies. At my previous company, I helped the product grow by 10.5x in the first year, implemented an inbound strategy that doubled the demo conversion rate, and designed campaigns that generated demand for the product.
But one thing has always remained true – no matter the size of the company or their target market, they always needed a great, solid marketing strategy.
And that’s something I can definitely help demystify and develop for you through my strategic framework and my own unique approach to SaaS marketing.
Here’s what I’ll do for you:
- review your product and your existing marketing strategy – even if there isn’t one
- study and research your customers – all the way down to their psychographics and behaviors
- analyze your competitors and their current go-to-market strategy – including their USPs
- deep-dive into your current sales / conversion funnel; includes free trials, demo requests, sign ups, etc.
- focus your target market on your most profitable customers and their preferred channels of communication
- develop your marketing strategy for reaching your growth goals
- unearth any insights you may have missed
Even though I have a strong background in marketing, in just one hour, Asia was able to deliver very constructive feedback on our online materials. She was very well prepared and gave on point action items to help us reach our goals. She is very process-oriented and her favorite expression is “playbook”. You feel like she has one for everything, from our ProductHunt launch to industry-specific ones. On top of all this amazing value, she sends you a complete follow-up report along with the recording of the session! What else someone can ask for! I strongly recommend her!Emna Ghariani
You Should Consider This If…
- You’re a founder or leader of an existing SaaS product
- You already have a few customers
- You’re bootstrapped and you want a solid foundation for month-over-month growth
- You’re overwhelmed by the marketing process and not exactly sure where to start
- You have no idea what your marketing funnel even looks like
- You don’t have a marketing engine, or the engine you’ve built isn’t working
- You value direction from another SaaS marketer with a proven track record
What Are the Deliverables?
The ultimate deliverable is a fully customized marketing strategy and growth plan for your product presented in a document. Through my proven, framework-driven process, we’ll cover the product, your customers, the existing funnel, your website and purchasing experience, and all of the relevant analytics.
The marketing plan itself will contains tons of valuable insights and an actionable growth plan along with the following:
- A 1-hour onboarding call
- Weekly check-ins via email and Zoom
- Customer research
- Defined ideal customer profile
- Review of website analytics – including top channels and sources of traffic, conversions, etc.
- Analysis of your top competitors and their current marketing strategies
- For products with Sales teams, sales interviews and pipeline audit
- Roadmap for implementing marketing – including channel plan, campaign ideas, and growth-related KPIs
- Relevant resources to leverage as you grow, hire, and scale marketing
What does the entire process look like from start to finish?
That’s an excellent question. Here’s a complete overview of the entire process.
After an initial discovery call, I’ll start with a full 1-hour on-boarding session where we’ll cover the product, your customers, the existing marketing stack, and the current funnel experience. Afterwards, I’ll suggest a project timeline with deadlines so I can get everything I need to give you the absolute best insights.
If you have a sales team, I’ll also ask to meet with your Sales leader for their perspective and experience to further influence the marketing strategy.
Throughout the entire engagement, I’ll be crafting your actionable marketing strategy.
This sounds like a lot of work. Do I have to do a lot?
You’re not wrong. It is a lot of work, but we’ll be tackling it together. The founders and startups that I work with that get the most value out of a DemandMaven engagement are the ones who are willing to put in the effort to see results.
When we work together, we’re partners.
We’ll discuss product, retention, sales, the complete go-to-market strategy, and at every turn, I’ll be making suggestions on what you can implement to improve.
Building rock-solid startups isn’t for weenies. It’s going to take some elbow grease.
How long does it take?
A typical strategy engagement lasts around 2 – 3 months, but seeing results can take anywhere from 6 – 12 months. That might sound insane, but think about it — anything that’s worth building should be built to last.
You wouldn’t want your startup to fizzle in 3 or even 6 months.
Your go-to-market strategy should be given the same consideration.
That said, my strategy engagements start in 2 month cycles. That gives us enough time to determine if we’re going to work well together and if I can actually make you successful. A retainer can last for several months, however.
It depends on your needs.
Ready to get started?
All you have to do to get started is book a (free) 30-minute discovery call where I’ll ask you a few questions and determine if you’re a good fit for the engagement.
If you’re a good fit, I’ll follow-up with an agreement and then we can get started!
Is DemandMaven right for you?
You should consider hiring DemandMaven if:
✅ You want deep insights on your customers
✅ You want to co-create something together
✅ You value high-quality, experienced work
✅ You value the experience of someone who’s been there, done that
✅ You either are technical or have a team of engineers
✅ You have at least 5 paying customers
✅ You want to build a marketing engine and a product that’s going to last
DemandMaven probably won’t be for you if:
🙅♀️ You expect to instantly make more MRR
🙅♀️ You need someone to start right this very second on your project
🙅♀️ You’re not interested in quality or building things right
🙅♀️ You don’t have any paying customers at all
🙅♀️ You view customers as dollar signs
🙅♀️ You’re not interested in building something together
🙅♀️ You would rather just hand off growth and hope for the best
🙅♀️ You don’t have any technical resources
🙅♀️ You’re looking for growth hacks and quick fixes